Dear Riverview Parents,
Greetings! We hope you are peaceful, happy, and safe.
Please read through the information below in its entirety:
- CDC Recommendations for Schools – You may have heard recently of the CDC’s statements supporting in-person learning. Fortunately, Riverview offers in-person learning to all families and is fully in line with all CDC safety guidelines, including the 6ft. social distancing, masks, and cleaning and disinfecting protocols. To get the latest information on current CDC recommendations for schools, you can find it on the CDC website under their Operating Schools During COVID-19 page.
- 3rd Marking Period Update – The third marking period schedule started this week and all students made a successful transition! We owe much gratitude to the Administrators and Staff for quickly churning through the survey data, contacting parents, arranging and rearranging safe spaces for students, and accommodating all family requests. As we discussed last week, we will continue to find creative and safe ways to get more students into the buildings as the current landscape changes.
- Vaccinations – Riverview is working with our local Intermediate Unit and local Health Consortiums to plan a quick and efficient vaccination process. Although we must wait until the 1A group is finished, Riverview will be organized, poised, and ready for vaccinations when the opportunity presents itself. We hope that time comes soon. We will keep you posted.
- Safety Reminders – If you are picking up or dropping off students at school, please make sure you are wearing a mask at all times (even outside). In addition, please pay attention to speed, traffic patterns, and any yellow-marked spaces. We thank you for your cooperation in this regard.
- Super Bowl – We know we sound like a broken record, but please do not hold gatherings this year for the Super Bowl. The numbers in our communities and County are just starting to decline (although we still have a ways to go) and we don’t want to lose any forward momentum. So, stay confined to your immediate family, and even there is no black and gold playing this year, be safe and enjoy the game.
- Come Work For Riverview! - Paraprofessionals – We really need classroom support in terms of paraprofessionals. If you have availability for a few hours a day to come in and support students, we would love to have you apply. The Class III Paraprofessional posting is found on our District website on the "Employment" page. We hope you will consider this opportunity!
Thank you for your continued support, and enjoy the weekend.
The Riverview Administration