We look forward to welcoming back all of our students on Tuesday, August 27th!
School Will Start on Time!
For those of you who are interested, below is an update on the status of the capital improvement and maintenance work that we completed this summer.
The following work will be complete on or before August 26.
* Concrete patio at the JSHS school.
* Safety access road paving at the JSHS. Landscaping and guide rails will be completed next.
* Playground surface at Tenth Street Elementary School. Playground will remain closed until all construction equipment has been removed. Alternative space for recess will be provided.
* Exterior Painting at Verner Elementary School.
* Verner Elementary School Roof.
* Verner Elementary School parking lot will be completed by August 22nd.
* The clock, fire and intercom systems at Verner and Tenth Street Elementary Schools will be 90% complete and in working order by the first day of school for students.
* Classroom carpeting at Tenth Street Elementary School.
* Classroom painting at Verner Elementary and Tenth Street Elementary Schools.
* Air conditioning unit at Tenth Street Elementary School gymnasium.
* Tenth Street Elementary School Entrance.
* Tenth Street Auditorium.
We anticipate that the items listed below will be complete this fall (September to mid-October). This will not impact our ability to hold classes. School will still start on time.
* The Elevator at the JSHS High School.
* Windows at Tenth Street Elementary School.
We have adopted an Emergency Notification Service which allows us to send a telephone message to student homes providing important information about school events or emergencies. We are using this system to notify parents of school delays or cancellations due to inclement weather. In the event of an emergency at school, parents can have peace of mind knowing that they will be informed immediately by phone.
Unplanned School Closings, Delays,
or Early DismissalsOn any given day, parents and staff are urged to use caution when making the decision to drive or walk over snow and ice covered roads.